Canonical Embedding programme
Our Embedding programme offers the optimal technical, commercial and legal framework to deploy your products and solutions with Canonical offerings, including cost-effective support across the lifecycle of your product.
Build your products with Canonical
From containers through Ubuntu to MicroK8s, Canonical's portfolio is used by ISVs to power their SaaS, appliances and software solutions deployed within public clouds, data-centres, edge infrastructure and workstations. It is also used by device manufacturers embedding Ubuntu into their products, from IoT devices to robotics and more.
Our Embedding programme brings all the advantages of Ubuntu Advantage together with the framework you need to deploy and distribute your products and solutions powered with Canonical offerings.
- Deploy and distribute your products and solutions with Canonical offerings.
- Direct L3 engineering support for your engineering team for the full stack from Ubuntu through MK8s to containers.
- Certified components for compliance, hardening and audit such as FIPS 140-2, DISA STIG profiles, CIS level 1 and 2 hardening and Common Criteria.
- 10 years security maintenance for Canonical code repositories.
- Ubuntu systems management with Landscape and Kernel Livepatch.
- Trademark use.
- Joint marketing opportunities.
- Transparent pricing model per instance and use-case.
Embedding contracts include the rights required to deliver solutions based on Canonical offerings and to use the Ubuntu trademarks.
An efficient and clean support model for you and your customers
- The Embedder delivers support to their customers
- Canonical L3 Engineering support to the embedder's L3 Engineering
- Essential, Standard and Advanced Support Tiers
For more information please visit our support portal.
The familiar Ubuntu commercial framework is evolved for OEM requirements including easing adding support to estates that grow over time.
- The combination of embedder-only Support and specific tailored solution use-cases means Canonical can offer OEM-type pricing to embedders. Contact us to discuss your project
- Regular shipment reporting to ensure your entire estate is under Canonical support coverage
Ready for the next steps?
Join Canonical Embedding programme